Sunday, January 25, 2009

Break down the mental walls!

I was watching an old episode of the Biggest loser, and they were talking about the emotional side of the weight loss. The contestant was struggling with being away from her boys and just emotionally heavy. And I can totally relate. Our lives can weigh just as heavily on us. We can allow things in our lives (ie getting our house ready to sell) to be a mental wall. The trainer told the contestant that we need those struggles so that we can see how strong we are (mentally), we can see that we can do it. And then in church today, all my boys wanted to go to church with be instead of their class, I was reminded that God has never left. Over the last few years, when I realize that this is not the life I wanted for me and my boys it weighs me down. But one of the songs that they sang today reminded me that God is still there with me and has GREATLY blessed me. Things might not be the way I pictured them, but God is still there. I needed to remember that, I think it will help me out of this rut of focusing to much on the big picture instead of taking it one day at a time.

No comments: