Friday, January 2, 2009

My Bucket List

I watched The Bucket List yesterday and I thought it would be a good New Year post. Yes, this is the 2nd day of the New Year, but so what. It's my blog and I can post a day late.

My Bucket List
1. be the person God wants me to be
2. enjoy every moment I have with my kids/family/friends
3. be as healthy as I can
4. live long enough to watch my grandkids get married
5. do a random act of kindness at least once a week
6. Go to New York City- I have lots of places I would like to see, but this is one of the top
7.Go back to Paris and go to the top of the Eiffel Tower- when I was a kid, we went to Paris but the tower was under construction and we couldn't go to the very top. It was a bummer.
8. Go on a cruise
9. Be mostly debtfree (except house/car)
10.Live in the today, not the yesterdays or the tomorrows

That is a good start. In the movie Morgan Freeman's character tells Jack Nicholson's character about a belief that the Egyptians have about heaven. When they get to heaven they are asked 2 questions. Did you have joy in your life? And did you bring joy to others? At the end of each day I hope to answer yes to both questions.
Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great list & great questions. I've never seen that movie.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

May 2009 be the year you achieve your hopes and dreams.