Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where is that horse and why can't I get on it?

I have been trying to get back on the "weightloss" horse and have been struggling. I decided today that I am going to remember that smaller simplier goals are easy to keep. In reality, it has been weeks since I have worked out regularly and we won't even begin to discuss the eating. I really am at the same weight that I started out for the holidays, so that is about the only good news. I have a goal of working out 3 days this week for 30min, and then 4 30min times next week, and so on. When I get back into working out 5-6 days, I will start increasing my time again. I am also going to try just cutting down portions. I have gotten into a bad habit of really not eating and then eating a large meal once or twice a day depending on my work schedule. I read an article that talked about not really focusing on 6 small meals because the bottom line is the # of calories consumed. But for me when I work, if I don't eat smaller more frequent meals, I end up over eating. So I have my two goals. And I will get on that horse!

No comments: