Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spa Day

Today was a spa day. 3 coworkers and myself won a contest for a spa package. The contest was looking for a sisterhood like in the new SisterHood of the Traveling Pants II. My friend Nicole entered and we obviously won. So, today was a day that we all could go and enjoy stress free time w/o the kids.

I had to laugh as we were filling out a health form. One of the questions was "Do you have any stress check yes or no?" Are there people who can really check NO? I want to be them just for a day.

I have never had a facial, but I recommend everyone getting one. They are awesome. I think I am going to have to figure a way to have one on a regular basis. And then maybe I could check the NO box.

To further enjoy the day, we went out for dinner. I knew that we were going out, and knew I wanted to slurge. You gotta live. The steak was AWESOME. I can't remember when I had a steak last. And even though I totally grossed out my friend Brooke (who doesn't eat beef or pork) w/my medium rare steak. It was worth it. Now to the point, I know the martinis and creme brulee were not on my diet, but I think I deserved the treat. I know I could have gone way overboard. And I am not going to look at this as setback but rather a breakthrough. I worked out hard this week and watched what I ate so today wouldn't blow all my hard work. And tomorrow I won't dwell on failure and feel hopeless.

Thanks to my BFF's who are great friends who I can count on and are sooo supportive of my goals to lose weight. I wish we could do Spa Day every 2 weeks! But w/o the creme brulee. And the massage therapist named Ulga, who likes to inflict pain. Go BFFs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you have a spa day & not splurge at dinner? It was a day of pampering yourself, so you should be able to have a treat!