Monday, November 17, 2008

Didja Know . . .?

Here is some estimations on the number of calories you burn in 30min of various exercises/activities:
playing pool- 105
Sky diving-156
jumping on a trampoline- 156
belly dancing- 210
heavy cleaning- 216
walking (pace 15min mile)- 216
playing with your kids- 252
cycling (pace 10-11.9 miles/hour)- 270
shoveling snow- 288
swimming- 288
moving- carrying boxes- 336
circuit training- 384
jumping jacks-vigorous- 384
running (pace 10min/mile)- 480
elliptical- 432
skipping- 540

Okay I don't believe I will be jumping out of a plane anytime soon. And I don't think I am going to skip for 60min instead of going to the gym. But I would be happy if anyone wants to burn their calories for the day by doing heavy cleaning at my house. Any volunteers. . . . NO? Worth a shot. Since I have exercise for the last 7 days, I am taking a break today. My shins are KILLING me. Thats what I get for trying to beat mom on the wii fit. Be sure tomorrow I am going to the gym and going on the elliptical machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could always come clean my house to burn a few extra calories. i think that is a great idea. lol!!!!