Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Going down the toilet!

Today, is going to be one of those days. I worked last night and I am tired. And to make matters worse. I am watching my neighbor cut down my trees, fence and take over my flowerbeds. I guess I should say that the trees, fence and said flower bed might not be mine. My neighbor has been wanting for YEARS to cut down said trees. But I have not been for it. And I am wanting to sell the house in the spring and think major overhauling of my backyard was not something I want to do. And who really wants to buy a house w/a crazy neighbor like that. Anyway, I was resting this morning on the sofa and heard the chainsaws. And my black walnut was in pieces. The men moved quickly to the elms. I have been on the phone w/every city office I could think of and my laywer. But the general issue is w/o a survey, we don't know whose property it is. And the police (yes they were called) can't do anything, since it is a civil dispute. From the mapping website of JO, it appears as if she might be right about the trees and the fence. But who knows for sure if she is right. And the trees are hacked down to 15ft stumps(I can't judge how tall they are exactly). But they have NO branches. And then she started for the bushes. And is stacking the wood what she deems is her property. The upside is if I pay for the survey, I can sue. But it doesn't won't bring back the trees, or save the flowers/shrubs that she is going to kill in the mean time. I am just crying as I look out the window. My gardens were great therapy over the years. I had very little(in terms of garden) when I moved in, and I spent countless hours making them beautiful. My boys helped me plant bulbs, hostas, flowers in the very spot she has deemed her new wood pile. My memories are endless. I knew my house was too small for a forever home, and part of what made it so hard to decide that I needed to move was all the work I put into this house. Especially my gardens. I can tell which plants my mom so graciously gave me, and which ones I bought, and ironically which ones my neighbor gave me. I guess that is the true definition of being an indian giver. Not only is she taking back her plant, she taking the whole flowerbed. I had such great plans for today, decorating the christmas tree, going to the gym, etc. But I have such a headache now. And I am sooo upset. I know they are just trees and flowers, but they are my heart. And I am reminded, to appreciate those things are truely important.

No comments: