Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why . . . . ?

Why do I let one thing affect my attitude for the whole day/week? Like I have a kid home sick from school, so I can't go to the gym, but I don't workout w/one of my DVD's either. Or I splurged at lunch, so the diet is blown for the day, so ice cream for dessert is okay. Or since I haven't been able to get to the gym the past few days, I'll go next week. Or I have alot of things to do but I catching up on my shows and not doing any of them. Why?

I don't know, but I am going to remedy the problem right now. I can't go to the gym and get my things to do list taken care of, but I will not let that be an excuse to splurge later today. My things to do list (in no particular order):

1. laundry (do and put away)
2. clean the house
3. christmas letter
4. christmas cards
5. make christmas cookies
6. buy jordan's bday present and wrap it
7. go to the bank and cash Noah's bday check (now don't think bad of me, I already took him to the store, he spent the money weeks ago, I just put in on my card . . . So, stop thinking bad thoughts about me ! :)
8. make christmas ornaments
9. after #5 is done, give cookie plates to neighbors and boys teachers and BFF's! (making sure the Bff Brooke gets plenty so she actually gets to eat them this year)
10. finish christmas shopping
11. wrap Christmas presents
12. have fun with the boys when they are off for Christmas break
13. have a tight budget since getting extra shifts at work might become nonexistant
14. work out at least an 1hr 5x a week
15. have a Merry Christmas

I think that covers the next 2 weeks. Not too much right?!?! Well, better get started on #1 and 2.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I think we share about 8 items. If carrying around a 14 lb baby counts as exrecise, then I'm doing really well. :)

Unknown said...

you should look at it not being on a diet, but a lifestyle change. you want to change your eating lifestyle to be healthier. diet is such an ugly word.